How to create a border around a photo with Lightroom.
Here are the steps:
- Export jpg with border in Lightroom
- Goto the Print module (Ctrl+P)
- Click on Page Setup…
- Select XPS Writer, paper size and orientation:
- Select Custom Package in the Layout Style section
- Drag your photo from the filmstrip to the canvas
- Set the border width and colour
- Drag the top-left handle to the edge of the paper so that the image fills the paper
- Do the same for the bottom-right corner. The image should completely cover the canvas.
- You can use Ctrl+Drag (the cursor changes to a hand) to reposition the image on the canvas if the aspect ration of the image doesn’t match the aspect ration of the paper (or you can select a custom paper size).
- Select the desired print job settings (Print to: JPEG File)
- Please note that the File Resolution determines the jpeg dimensions 200 ppi created a 2338 x 1652 pixels jpeg and 90 ppi created a 1052 x 743 pixels jpeg.
- And click Print to File… and give the file a name. Job done.
A file with images can be found here: