It’s actually a view from Pennyfine Road towards Newcastle. The Tyne will be underneath the clouds somewhere. I liked the gaps in the clouds and the sharp sunlight. I did not clone out the annoying electricity lines. Maybe someday.
The usual Black & white conversion process was used in Photoshop.
- Copy background layer
- Add new adjustment layer for Black & White conversion. Increased Red and Yellow, reduced opposite colours
- Added new adjustment layer for Levels and increased contrast
- Copied background layer again and dragged it to the top. Applied High Pass filter on low setting and set layer mode to Overlay to add sharpness in the right places
- Add a new layer 50% grey and blend mode Overlay, then dodge and burn with soft brush on low opacity
- Save and then flattened layers and applied denoise filter
- Save for web as Jpeg with 80 quality
That’s it. Comments welcome.